[App_rpt-users] Computer suggestions?

James Nessen nessenj at jimsoffice.org
Mon Apr 25 04:17:17 UTC 2011

I am looking to co-locate an allstar node with a newly purchased
repeater, however...

The repeater site isn't real computer friendly, I hear that it gets hot
in the summer time, up to possibly 110-120 degrees F and the site has
vents to allow some airflow (but doesn't have A/C).

I am looking at possibly something fan less with a CF card to keep the #
of moving parts down, but I am a little worried about the heat.  My
other option is to install a RF link from the repeater site to my house
and leave the computer in a cooled location (but where is the fun in that?)

Suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

Jim, K6JWN