[App_rpt-users] USB FOB pin 13 (PTT)

Larry larry at n7fm.com
Mon Dec 5 00:23:39 UTC 2011

A Newbie here with a problem.

I'm still trying to grasp the ins and out of Astrisk and App-rpt etc.

I'm trying to connect a USB FOB to my RC-210. I do grasp the reverse
RC-210 wiring process. However I found no way to force pin 13 high to
activate PTT pin from the FOB for testing purposes.

Any suggestions on how or if I'm doing something wrong?

I have added a PTT LED for monitoring the output logic from pin 13 but
have never been able to get it to turn with any function I've tried
other than forcing a voltage at the junction feeding it and the base
resistor of the 2N4401.  My RC-210 will work at that point but I'm not
certain if I have an issue with the USB FOB PTT output.

Am I am missing something or perhaps I don't understand the logic of the
different functions.

I'm not against reading but jumping all around to find different
materials has left the mind in a jumble.  Can anyone enlighten me as to
when in the sequence PTT output becomes active and the voltage I should
find on that pin when it does?

Thanks

Larry - N7FM