[App_rpt-users] call into an Asterisk+app_rpt node with a cell phone??

Josh Freeman cpe.jfreeman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:16:53 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2011 12:37 AM, Ron Morell wrote:
> My node 28174 is linking to other nodes FB and iaxRPT makes it easy to
> facilitate the linking process.  Now I want to be able to call in from
> my Android cell phone and use that for an interface with the Asterisk
> cli:  .  I've installed IaxAgent on my Android phone.
You want to enter commands into the Asterisk CLI from your cell phone?
That's certainly possible, but I think you'd need a remote terminal or
SSH app to do that. However, the rest of your post makes it seem like
what you're really wanting to do is to use the IaxAgent softphone to
"dial in" to your AllStar node using your phone's data connection. Am I
understanding correctly?
> I followed along with the instructions found in the acid-sysadmin.pdf
> for calling in for "dial up access" that goes like this in iax.conf
> [my-ip-phone]
> type=user
> context=radio-control
> auth=md5
> secret=mypassword
> host=dyanamic
> disallow=all
> allow=gsm
> allow=g726aal2
> transfer=no
If you copied this directly from your config file, "host=dyanamic" only
needs one "a": *host=dynamic*.
> and goes like this in extensions.conf
> [radio-control]
> exten=>28174,1,Answer()
> exten=>28174,n,Playback(rpt/node)
> exten=>28174,n,Playback(digits/2)
> exten=>28174,n,Playback(digits/8)
> exten=>28174,n,Playback(digits/1)
> exten=>28174,n,Playback(digits/7)
> exten=>28174,n,Playback(digits/4)
> exten=>28174,n,Rpt(28174|P)
>

> I've tried "registering" with a line like this in iax.conf:
> register=my-ip-phone:password at OK.no-ip.org
You don't need the "register=" entry, and it shouldn't be there.

Does IaxAgent show a successful registration? If so, it looks like
dialing 28174 from IaxAgent should do what you want it to.

73
Josh KI4ITI