[App_rpt-users] Adding APRStt tp my node

Tom Russo tom.km5vy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 04:03:18 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 20:57, David KE6UPI <dshaw at ke6upi.com> wrote:

> http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/179

That page only describes how to get Asterisk/app-rpt to transmit APRS
positions to APRS-IS.  Michael is talking about APRStt, which is an
initiative by Bob Bruninga to use touch-tone input through ordinary
repeaters with generic TT handhelds in order to generate APRS data and to
create a system of human-to-human contact with callsign as the "phone
number".

http://www.aprs.org/aprstt.html

Bob Bruninga has been saying that Asterisk now has this feature, because
apparently some work has been done to this end.

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Michael Kaufman <captmick at charter.net>wrote:

> I have read on some websites that an APRStt function was being added to
> Allstar.  I have not seen any documentation or information on the progress
> of this feature.  I would like to add this to my node and would appreciate
> any help or information on implementing this feature if it is available.
>
> Mike
>
> WB9SLI
>
> Node 27558

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?DDTNM
 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey