[App_rpt-users] Mini ITX board or Beagle board or ?? or ?? forremote repeater sites

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 18 15:00:27 UTC 2011

Not that big of a problem. Limey Linux now supports the D525MW.

JIM WB6NIL

From: george at dyb.com
To: shaun at pmbnet.co.za; app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 07:47:22 -0600
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Mini ITX board or Beagle board or ?? or ??	forremote repeater sites

Shaun, her's how I've been doing it:

Parts from mini-box.com and
logicsupply.com

Intel D945 GCLF board (a problem, not made any
longer)
M200 case (non LCD)
Pico PSU80-WI (WI very important)
1GB ram
I run Limey-Linux off a 256MB CF card.

I replace the blowers on teh case with ones that
have better bearings, the M200 stock fan WILL die after a short
period.

I but NOS or used D945 boards on Ebay.

They just keep chugging along, no disk drive to
wear out, and as long as you don't reboot no added read/write cycles on the CF
card.

For motherborads, I have been eying the Intel DH61DLB3.

But I still have one more D945 on the shelf.

I tried the Pico PSU80. Yes it works, however it
drops out under about 11.8 volts input, AND the 12Volts pass along directly to
the CPU regulator thru the 4 pin connector. Noise on the 12V, or too much 12V
input (voltage swing on input supply above some point) will kill the
motherboard. The -WI power supplies make the 12V as well as the 5V, much tougher
to kill. Next to try is the M3-ATX supply, works on 6-24 volts input, much more
forgiving.

In the future I want to try a Beagle but I have yet
to see a "made for it" case, that would convert me...just when I got a handle on
rolling my own Limey-Linux...

GeorgeC
W2DB
2360/2428