[App_rpt-users] DTMF voice falsing

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Tue Dec 20 13:28:36 UTC 2011

I guess it depends on how you use the system.

I only use it for manual commands.  I can reliably punch the rubber buttons
on my microphone at about 2 digits per second. It has no trouble keeping up
with that.

If your setup has a speed dialer and you are dialing 10 digit phone numbers
and passwords or whatever, I can see there might be an issue... not the
majority of cases, I imagine. Anyway, having to wait 5 seconds for a phone
number to go through every once in a while would be acceptable to me as a
trade off for continuous unwanted muting of words every minute or so ..

Ken

I tried removing RADIO_RELAX but touch tone decoding was way too slow for my
taste.