[App_rpt-users] RADIO THIN CLIENT MODULE and "Simulcast Transmit System"

Shaun Rudling shaun at pmbnet.co.za
Thu Dec 22 10:41:11 UTC 2011

Before I break open my kid's piggy-bank for a couple of "ALLSTAR RTCM
(RADIO THIN CLIENT MODULE)'s   " http://micro-node.com/thin-m1.html
I need an important question answered. .............please?

If both rptr's are in the same coverage area, and transmit at the same
time on the same freq, BUT perfectly in sync using the GPS sync
option...................... will the end user (client/club member) hear
a perfect signal? (even if he/she where in range of both transmitters?)
One would think you would hear a heterodyne of some sort with both
signals reaching and mixing into the users transceiver.

We all know that if 2 hams try use their local repeater at the same time
(doubling) then the end result is Yucky, unless the one users tx signal
is much stronger than the other user.

Is this RTCM system so accurate, that the user hears a perfectly synced
and clear signal?

Shaun
zr5s