[App_rpt-users] urb0

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Thu Dec 22 19:44:34 UTC 2011

This (or something like it) happens to me on one of my D510 boxes about
every third time I do a warm restart.

If the Asterisk config change is minor, you can just do  "rpt reload" or
"reload" and your changes take effect without risk.

If my site was remote, I would add an external watchdog/reboot hardware
device but lacking that, I would be inclined to do "reboot" command rather
than restart.

Clearly this behavior is not a good thing - but it's not unique to asterisk:
a Google search on the error message produces 345 results.

This is a pretty low-level error from the looks of it - the kernel of the OS
talking to the USB driver or something like that.  Still, one wonders if
some sort of master reset command could be sent to flush things out /
reinitialize and avoid the setting up the problem altogether.

Ken