[App_rpt-users] on board audio

David KE6UPI dshaw at ke6upi.com
Mon Dec 26 16:21:18 UTC 2011

I like great audio quality that's way I stopped using Echolink (with a
sound card) and went with Allstar. I have Echolink enabled on my Allstar
but dislike must Echolink connection because of the poor audio quality and
I will disconnect them quickly. I have also disconnected Allstar (nodes and
web transceiver) with poor audio. So I think Allstar should have some kind
of audio quality polices and standards.

ulaw at what 64kb/s v GSM 13kb/s over DSL or higher. Most internet is
unlimited anymore at high speeds unless your using a cell carrier. Does
anyone use QOS on there router?

Anyways Audio Quality is always better.

David