[App_rpt-users] outstreamcmd syntax

Chris Perrine (KB2FAF) kb2faf at arrl.net
Tue Dec 27 21:03:45 UTC 2011

Hi,

I would like to send two streams to separate servers.  To bad ezstream
doesn't do this inherently.  Probably could use liquidsoap but its a
pain in the butt to set up on centos.

So here is what I tried.

outstreamcmd=/bin/sh,-c,/usr/local/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8
--bitwidth 16 - - | tee >(/usr/local/bin/ezstream -c /etc/test1.xml) |
/usr/local/bin/ezstream -c /etc/test2.xml

If I do this from command line and use lame to stream an mp3 file it
works fine.  Just doesn't work with outstreamcmd.

I know this is more of a bash scripting command thingy question, but I
was just wondering if there is something I don't know about how
outstreamcmd works(or rpt.conf in general)  that prevents the above from
functioning while it works fine from command line.

73

Thanks!

Chris
KB2FAF