[App_rpt-users] Distorted URI Transmit Audio

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Wed Dec 28 23:57:49 UTC 2011

Well after some careful level setting and monitoring, I have a distortion issue with the node transmit (outbound) audio. If I listen to loud audio on a node, or if I talk closely and loudly into my portable, the transmit audio output of the URI is noticeably (and annoyingly) distorted. I'm using one channel for PL tone and one channel for repeater transmit audio.
I know it's not the portable or the repeater transmitter. Transmit level set makes no difference. The level changes, but the level of distortion stays the same.
Ideas?
73
Jim W7RY