[App_rpt-users] app-rpt with external repeater controller possible?

Steve Passmore k6kya at hokeynet.net
Sat Feb 5 01:20:22 UTC 2011

I was trying to reconfigure a node remotely that had been using usbradio.  I
probably just didn't have something set right.  I'll do a better test when I
get some time.  I was mainly curious if there was any documentation on
simpleusb.
Thanks,
Steve
On Feb 4, 2011 1:30 PM, "Tim Sawyer" <tim.sawyer at me.com> wrote:
> Yes, simpleusb is what I'm using on my nodes. What isn't working for you?
> --
> Tim
> :wq
>
> On Feb 4, 2011, at 11:25 AM, Steve Passmore wrote:
>
>> Would it make sense to use simpleusb when doing this? I've tried to use
simpleusb but haven't had much luck. Is there any documentation on it?

>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>>
>> On 2/4/2011 6:17, Tim Sawyer wrote:
>>>
>>> This board is for when your controller has only one port or no free
ports. If you have a free port, app_rpt works perfectly fine with your
existing controller. Just set duplex=0 and linktolink=yes.
>>> ---
>>> TIS
>>>

>>> On Feb 3, 2011, at 8:15 AM, Jim Duuuude wrote:
>>>
>>> Not necessarily. We have a simple board (user-buildable project) that
does that very nicely.
>>> I you have a standalone repater already hooked up to a controller this
board can be put
>>> in-between them and it makes it into a very nice adjunct.
>>>
>>> JIM WB6NIL
>>>
>>> Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 11:09:34 -0500
>>> From: kc2wdz at gmail.com
>>> To: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
>>> Subject: [App_rpt-users] app-rpt with external repeater controller
possible?

>>> Is it possible to use a repeaters external controller and just use
app-rpt for it's linking capabilities?
>>> I'm guessing there would be no way of avoiding the repeater id's and
messages being sent out to any linked repeater nodes.