[App_rpt-users] worthwhile asterisk/app_rpt files to back-up?

VE3GIH Gordon Hewit gordon.hewit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 17:59:48 UTC 2011

Thank you to all who responded to this thread yesterday.  I'm already backing up my files to my home PC, but if I'm unavailable (vacation, illness, SK), then someone else in the club should be able to take over.  That's why savenode.sh seems like such as useful tool, if I could just get it to work :-)

The command I'm using  is:

[root at AST_27465_BAL ~]# savenode.sh
Saving Asterisk node configuration to register.allstarlink.org
Error in transfer

The /etc/asterisk/savenode.conf file is now:

# config file for /usr/local/bin/savenode

NODE=27465                        ;Allstar Node number of the first repeater on this server

PASSWORD=xxxxxxxx        ;Same password as Alstar account VE3GIH

ENABLE=1

When I examine the /usr/local/bin directory,  the 'ls' command doesn't show any savenode file.  It only shows 'zsync' and 'zsyncmake'.

I have recently logged into the Allstar server, and confirmed my account, password and the fact that I'm registered as a sysop for this node..

Does anyone else have savenode.sh working?  Suggestions or ideas welcomed.

Gordon Hewit
289-800-1473  (home)