[App_rpt-users] worthwhile asterisk/app_rpt files to back-up?

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 8 18:23:30 UTC 2011

you are supposed to be using the NODE password for the node that you are saving,
*NOT* the allstar portal password

From: gordon.hewit at gmail.com
To: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 12:59:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] worthwhile asterisk/app_rpt files to back-up?

Thank you to all who responded to this thread
yesterday.  I'm already backing up my files to my home PC, but if I'm
unavailable (vacation, illness, SK), then someone else in the club should be
able to take over.  That's why savenode.sh seems like such as useful tool,
if I could just get it to work :-)

The command I'm using  is:

[root at AST_27465_BAL ~]# savenode.sh
Saving Asterisk
node configuration to register.allstarlink.org
Error in
transfer

The /etc/asterisk/savenode.conf file is now:

# config file for /usr/local/bin/savenode

NODE=27465
             ;Allstar Node
number of the first repeater on this
server
PASSWORD=xxxxxxxx        ;Same password as
Alstar account VE3GIH
ENABLE=1

When I examine the /usr/local/bin
directory,  the 'ls' command doesn't show any savenode file.  It
only shows 'zsync' and 'zsyncmake'.

I have recently logged into the Allstar server, and
confirmed my account, password and the fact that I'm registered as a sysop for
this node..

Does anyone else have savenode.sh working?
Suggestions or ideas welcomed.

Gordon Hewit
289-800-1473
(home)