[App_rpt-users] Beagleboard and USB URI dongle

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Wed Feb 9 17:20:45 UTC 2011

On 2/9/11 11:50 AM, Jim Duuuude wrote:
> Yes, it works quite beautifuly with the URI, in fact it will support 2
> of them
> *BUT* only with chan_simpleusb. The CPU does not have the horsepower
> to do the DSP routines used in chan_usbradio.
>
> Why dont you wait for the LOX board to become available in production?
> It wont be long.

Was just talking with dave about this yesterday...and can't wait to try
it out.  I think, for a simple 1 or 2 repeater facility, may be just the
thing (once it's fully debugged and soak-tested) a pretty good way to
economically keep a station on the air whilst minimizing the mechanical
(disk drives really hate cold weather...) issues that seem to crop up
(let alone the cost to build a computer and keep it fed with line
voltages...) on desktop and laptop systems.

Just my $.02.

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.