[App_rpt-users] New version of NodeShark available

Keith Williamson hkwilliamson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 18:03:32 UTC 2011

All,

I have posted v0.96 of NodeShark at http://www.arizuni.com/NodeShark

This version fixes a class of problems related to incorrect first-time
configuration of NodeShark preferences. It also fixes an issue I discovered
recently when I noted that I had received an AllStar node LINK that was
identified in the log with the callsign instead of the AllStar node number.
With v0.95 and below, such a LINK will not be displayed using either the
"All Links" or "Allstar Links" display filters. The record would be
displayed only if the "All Records" filter was used and even then
was mis-formatted. I haven't had time to chase down under what circumstances
the LINK is identified by callsign (perhaps IAXRPT?). In any case, I have
added logic in my log parsing routines to catch this and handle it
properly.

Perhaps Jim Dixon knows of a change to app_rpt in the last few months that
yields this sort of LINK record?

The new version can be unzipped right on top of the previous version and
won't affect your current configuration. If any of you have been frustrated
by trying to get NodeShark running initially, this latest version should
make it much easier as it's less demanding of a correct initial try at
setting up your preferences.

This version still only supports single or multi nodes within a single site
(system). Next version I plan to add support for multi-site (in essence,
multiple configurations).

BIG thanks to Bob, W0NQX, for reporting the initial config problem and
providing outstanding documentation that included screenshots and the
problematic config file!

73's,

Keith
KF7DRV