[App_rpt-users] Anyone compiling asterisk from sources on Debian.

Tom Russo tom.km5vy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:54:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:52, Tom Russo <tom.km5vy at gmail.com> wrote:

> The short story is that the zaptel kernel module build is behaving
> very much like it's not getting the kernel headers right, even though
> the correct headers for the kernel are installed.  It doesn't complain
> about not finding specific files, though, it's merely dying during
> compilation of pciradio.c with undefined macros that are definitely
> present in kernel headers that it should have found.  I don't want to
> burden the list with details unless there is interest in the solution,
> though.  If someone else is using app_rpt on a Debian-based system,
> I'd love to be in contact to hash out details.

Never mind.  Looks like the issue is just that a few files don't
include <linux/sched.h> (some do, some don't) and this is apparently
just a difference between Lenny and Squeeze (I saw someone on the web
providing a debian allstar install script that claimed to work Just
Fine installing zaptel, so it must just be a change in a later kernel
revision).

The files needing #include <linux/sched.h> are kernel/pciradio.c,
kernel/wctdm.c, and kernel/zaptel-base.c   Without this include, they
complain about set_current_state and TASK_INTERRUPTABLE not having
been declared.  Since several other modules already include
<linux/sched.h>, it's probably a safe thing to do to make this change
in the repository for zaptel, I'd wager.

Some of the other kernel modules are failing to compile, one that
complains abut netif_rx_schedule --- this appears to have gone away in
the 2.6.32 kernel.  Fortunately, I don't need the module that has that
problem, and don't need to spend time finding how to fix 'em.  Fixing
the three above and deselecting the modules I don't need seems to get
me going.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY   SAR502   DM64ux          http://www.swcp.com/~russo/
Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?DDTNM