[App_rpt-users] simpleusb

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Fri Feb 18 06:13:25 UTC 2011

Hey y'all, I confuse easily. I want to try running COS and PTT from parallel
port, much cleaner than microsurgery on the USB fob, did one - wasn't too bad.
But the radios I use all have COS and/or PL decode outs. And the USB squelch
is still a bit "odd". But the parallel port interface would make it plug
compatible (I think) with my currently deployed DRIL system nailed up from
here in TX to my folks home in NJ(They're hams too).

I see the documentation:

http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/177

"Manipulating GPIO (and Parallel Printer Port) signals within chan_usbradio
and chan_simpleusb"

But I'm not fully certain of how to implement this. I'm using version 0.273.

Unsure of the meaning of this, exactly:
"(from within the section of usbradio.conf that is for the desired device):"

In a typical simpleusb.conf where exactly does it go, or better yet, can
someone send a sample of a working config file? I have not been able to locate a
sample that explains this. I know I need to change "rxchannel=Radio/usb2360"
(or 2428 for my remote) in rpt.conf.

I have an example of simpleusb.conf. I see under [general] there is [usb].

would that [usb] change to [usb2360]?

Then the stuff like:

pp2 =  out1      ; out0, out1 or ptt
pp10 = in        ; in, cor or ctcss

goes under the [usb2360]???

Last dumb question, does the simpleusb work with the Limey Linux distro, that
is an outstanding way to make a system with (almost) no moving parts. I use
D945GLLY boards.

HALP! I wanted to fiddle with this over the long weekend. I plan on replacing
the DRIL link to NJ with a pair of app_rpt systems. The far end in NJ will
probably be an "unlisted" node, maybe not...

I am totally impressed with what has been done with asterisk here, and have
possible made another convert here in Austin and maybe another in the Toronto
area. I'd love to get it to run on my Sheeva Plug computer, but haven't yet
fiddled with compiling a kernel and  initrd on that one yet.

Enough for now, goodnight to all.

George Csahanin
W2DB
Cedar Park, TX 2360