[App_rpt-users] Beagleboard and USB URI dongle

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 20 18:23:41 UTC 2011

Boy, this brings back some ancient memories...

Referring to http://www.zapatatelephony.org/linux.html

"Also, at system startup, hdparm
must
be run with the -c1 -d1 -u1 flags. This enables 32 bit
I/O, DMA, and the
unmaskinterrupt flag. This allows the IDE driver not to interfere with
the tormenta
driver."

Now, after 11 years, it hasnt changed too much. The "tormenta" driver was renamed the "Zaptel" driver and then renamed the "DAHDI"
driver, and people are more likely to be using the SCSI (SATA) driver, but the issue is just as valid.

Try doing that. I bet that you wont have any more problems with hdparm -t anymore.

I sure "tormented" many Linux boxes with hdparm -t a long time ago. :-)

JIM WB6NIL