[App_rpt-users] Unable to connect to AllStar

VE3GIH Gord Hewit gordon.hewit at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 16:02:50 UTC 2011

I'm having a problem with a new server not connecting to Allstar.

SSH is working.  I can ping Google, both by IP and name, so DNS is ok.  The
router port for SSH TCP port is open and pointing to this server.  Port 4569
UDP is open and pointing to this server.

However, the nscheck.sh script shows Allstar servers 1 and 2 down, and then
hangs until I press ^C.  I can ping the Allstar servers, so I know they are
there.  Savenode.sh also fails to run properly.   I haven't implemented any
firewalls, or modified the stock configuration beyond the /etc/asterisk
directory.

Any suggestions on what I've missed?

VE3GIH Gord Hewit
416-779-3740 (mobile)