[App_rpt-users] CTCSS Problem

Kris Kirkland kris at kriskirkland.com
Thu Jan 27 17:00:21 UTC 2011

Howdy

First I'd like to start off by saying thanks for such a great piece of
software for asterisk, I've been using Asterisk for 6 years now. I'm a
network engineer so I'm not a repeater guru by any means, but I'm having
a problem with my setup using the URI Model: DMK URI
My first problem is; if ctcssfrom is set to anything but dsp, the
repeater keys up as soon as asterisk is started. I can even disconnect
everything but PTT and Ground and it still keys up as soon as its
started. I did this to eliminate the possibility of the device sensing
CTCSS via the mic_in_ac. So my understanding was that if I set
ctcssfrom=no then it would ignore ctcss, but it still keys up. Is this a
bug in the software being that it happens even with everything but
ptt/gnd is disconnected?