[App_rpt-users] Intranet project

Lu Vencl vencl at att.net
Sat Jul 30 17:49:03 UTC 2011

So now that I have the first set of nodes up on DSL circuits, I have
remaining nodes / repeaters that I would like to include but do not have DSL
circuits at these sites.

The good news is that I do have private "intranet" circuits at each of these
locations but of course they do not have capabilities of reaching the public
internet.

That's ok, because what I figured I could do is just have each of these talk
to one of the sites that has both the public and private feeds and find some
way to let these nodes do the interconnecting to the public side.

I figure I could just add a second NIC card at the Margate node which has
access to both the internet and intranet,  tie the second NIC card to the
intranet side and just have the other allstar boxes permanently attached to
the node that has the public side working.

These remaining sites are really in rural areas and they really don't need
direct connections, but I guess I could always just use the *4 command if I
needed to make a connections right?

So I hope this I making sense because I really want to make this a reality..
Just will need some advice on how to add the second NIC and how to make the
connections. I assume a few lines in the extention.conf file and a few fake
node #s correct?

The intranet network is made up of a netmask of 255.255.255.248 and each
site has a router that talks to a central switch and allows all ports to
pass through. Each site can talk to each other by the way if needed, but I
figure just bringing the main communications back to the main node in
Margate will be the best choice.

So if anyone is up to the task to lend me a hand, I will appreciate it very
much.

Thanks and 73

Lu,

KA4EPS