[App_rpt-users] Voting

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Wed Jun 1 01:19:07 UTC 2011

I suppose there will be a  phase-continuity problem at the moment of
switchover?

You would have to synchronize the audio to the vicinity of 1 -10
microseconds probably - not 125 microseconds.

RF propagation might cause this much delay .  hmmm, I see the problem.

The problem with decoding at the remote receivers (as I understand it) is
that, if the error exceeds the correctable number of bits, you don't know
you have an error.

If the error is correctable - well, then why switch ?

A conundrum.

I suppose if you had zero error bits in one receiver and some small amount
in the other receiver (2 or 3 bits in a frame - something correctable) you
would want to switch the receiver that had the zero errors on the theory
that the *next* frame is less likely to be trash. But there is no guarantee
. the next good data frame might be coming from the receiver that had errors
with the current data frame.

Sigh

Ken

KE2N