[App_rpt-users] Pingponging of a simplex node

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Wed Jun 1 23:27:27 UTC 2011

I have a very simple simplex node...speaker out, mic in that's configured:

> hdwtype=0
> rxboost=1
> txboost=0
> rxctcssrelax=1
> carrierfrom=vox
> ctcssfrom=no
> rxdemod=speaker
> txprelim=no
> txlimonly=no
> txtoctype=no
> txmixa=voice
> txmixb=no
> invertptt=0
> duplex=0
> rxondelay=25
> rxnoisefiltype=0
> eeprom=1

and the rpt.conf is configured with duplex=0....because, when I change
it to a duplex=1, it sits there and bounces back and forth, keying up,
dropping, then courtesy tones key it up, which causes it to key up
again...ad nauseam.

The stanza for the node in rpt.conf is:

> rxchannel=Radio/usbxxxxx
> duplex=0
> erxgain=-3
> etxgain=3
> scheduler=schedulexxxxx
> morse=morsexxxx
> macro=macroxxxx
> functions=functionsxxxx
> phone_functions=functionsxxxx
> link_functions=functionsxxxx
> telemetry=telemetry
> wait_times=wait-times
> context =  radio
> callerid = "WB0YLE Simplex" <xxxx>
> idrecording=/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/wb0ylesimplex
> accountcode=RADIO
> hangtime=1000
> althangtime=1000
> totime=170000
> idtime=540000
> politeid=3000
> idtalkover=|iWB0YLE
> unlinkedct=ct2
> remotect=ct3
> linkunkeyct=ct8
> unlinkedct=ct2
> nolocallinkct=0
> nounkeyct=0
> beaconing=0

it worked for a while with duplex=1...I rang out the cables, no shorts,
etc.

Hmmm...it works, after a fashion, with the duplex set to 0 in rpt.conf,
but, no courtesy tones (I realize that you really don't need them for
simplex, but, it's a nice to have...)

Anyway, suggestions?  Did I miss something (that's common...)?

Thx all

73 Bryan WB0YLE
Allstar 27294 27295 27710
Echolink WB0YLE-R