[App_rpt-users] dmk wiring

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Thu Jun 30 02:25:13 UTC 2011

wiring up a dongle for a maxtrac/spectra combo.  Seem to be running into
a problem...maybe my own dumbness.

Here's the deal...the maxtrac (converted to 902, has deemph'd, filtered,
1v p-p audio and a cor lead coming out.

Spectra has ptt, and mic input.

So...I've the dmk wired with pin 1 ptt, pin 8 COR (high...maxtrac goes
to 5v when it receives...and pl decodes...), 19/20 are grounds, 21 is
the speaker feed from the maxtrac (well, don't know whether it's
speaker, but...), and pin 22 is the mic out to the spectra. Radios are
doing the pl decode and limiting...

Without the spectra (xmt) powered up (since I don't have the power cable
yet...need to get to autozone to pick it up..it's that car trailer power
connector...), when I hang an audio voltmeter across pin 21 and ground,
key my ht, the cor goes high (I can see that on my VOM...good...), and
the voltmeter on the audio out lead wiggles to about -4dbm, which means
it's passing audio.

Now, when I hook it up to a dongle whose config is a carbon copy of my
main running node...except for the usb port #, and all the necessary
changes/additions in extensions, iax, rpt, usbradio, and there's a tune
file for the port...and key it up...it comes up, does not pass audio,
and then unkeys, no matter if I keep the HT keyed.

Hmmmm....

So, first question...does it sound like I've wired the dongle properly
(de-emp and filtered high level rcv audio to pin 21 for the receive, mic
audio to pin 22, ptt to 1 and cor to 8)...second, what in the config
files may be causing an issue?  I know, shot in the dark...but it's 2220
on the east coast...

Thoughts?

tnx 73 Bryan WB0YLE