[App_rpt-users] Crude Fan Script

K&R Yoksh yokshs at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 17 04:36:47 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I've come up with a crude fan control script for my simplex nodes. The idea
was to utilize the connpgm and discpgm features in rpt.conf, to run the fan
only when my node was connected to another node.

Of course, I'd love to have something more sophisticated, using the Event
Management System, but this is a start!

connpgm=/home/kyle/pport 2211 4 1
discpgm=/home/kyle/pport 2211 4 0

#!/bin/bash
# Script to control PLRI Aux ports from prompt
# by Kyle Yoksh January 2011
#
#
# Usage: pport [node no] [parallel port pin] [logic state]
#
# Example, pport 2211 4 1 turns pp pin 4 on
#
asterisk -r -x "rpt cmd $1 cop 61,PP$2"="$3 0"