[App_rpt-users] Pickle linux, Beagleboard, and MicroSD flash longevity

Phil N6TCT phil.n6tct at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 18:31:23 UTC 2011

Doesn't look like that to me, at least not out of the box.  "df" shows:

root at peekskill:/var/log# df -h
/dev/mmcblk0p2        3.6G  1.4G  2.0G  41% /
none                  244M  180K  244M   1% /dev
none                  245M     0  245M   0% /dev/shm
none                  245M   40K  245M   1% /var/run
none                  245M     0  245M   0% /var/lock
none                  245M     0  245M   0% /lib/init/rw

So yes, /var/run and /var/lock appear to be something special (though
not clear to me they are ram disks), but /var/log (which is where most
of the writing takes place) is definitely on the micro-sd card:

root at peekskill:/# cd /var/log/asterisk
root at peekskill:/var/log/asterisk# df -h .
/dev/mmcblk0p2        3.6G  1.4G  2.0G  41% /

Phil