[App_rpt-users] New Releases

Stephen Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Sun Mar 27 14:54:24 UTC 2011

On 03/26/2011 06:47 PM, Scott Zimmerman wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Not to sound completely stupid, but where can I find a change log for this new version. I looked fairly thoroughly on
> both the ohnosec and allstarlink.org sites. If I glanced past it, I apologize.
>
> Scott
>
> Scott Zimmerman
> Amateur Radio Call N3XCC
> 474 Barnett Road
> Boswell, PA 15531
>
> On 3/26/2011 8:23 PM, Jim Duuuude wrote:
>> There is a new release available of all the Distros for app_rpt/Allstar,
>> ACID, Limey Linux (both platforms) and Pickle which reflect the current
>> SVN state as of yesterday (3/26/2011).
>>
>> If you already have an ACID Distro CD, you do not need to download a new
>> one, as the OS load is the same for all of our releases (it just downloads
>> different files once Centos gets installed).
>>
>> JIM WB6NIL

We've haven't produced change logs for our releases. There are automated tools
for SVN but they still require a lot of manual intervention to make the result useable.
With just two developers on the project, this is just not going to happen.
If we were selling the software for a profit along with a support contract,
then our customers would deserve a change log. If someone wants to take on change
log generation for releases to help the project, then send us a request off-list.

If you are interested in changes to specific files, then the viewvc SVN viewer can
be used provide the results on a file-by file basis. You can also look at the
times changes were made in specific projects (i.e. asterisk, acid and limey)
and use that to compile a change log.

Steve
WA6ZFT