[App_rpt-users] Event Management Subsystem

K&R Yoksh yokshs at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 27 20:56:26 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I'd like to learn more about the Event Management Subsystem.

Specifically, I don't understand the syntax in the examples:
http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/176

I managed to get the following command to work, but I am at a complete loss
to understand how this works:

status,2 = c|f|RPT_NUMLINKS

The above line will cause your node to speak "Good
evening/morning/afternoon, the time is......" after the last node connected
to you is disconnected.

I understand the first part of the line (the command to execute) but I have
no idea what the syntax for the second part is.

I'd like to have the opposite of the command above. That is, whenever my
node connects to ANY other node, it should issue a DTMF.

I discovered that using connpgm and discpgm for my fan control works so long
as I initiate the connections. If anyone connects to ME, the fan is not
turned on.

I'm hoping that using the Event Management Subsystem will solve this
problem.

Thanks. 73

Kyle
K0KN