[App_rpt-users] connected to stations

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Sun Mar 27 22:52:57 UTC 2011

Ryan Collier wrote:
> Neal,
>
>  I want remote telemetry off. 2135 is killing me from all the connects
> and disconnects. Along with all the other ones.

There is code 'coming down the pike' that will allow you to change the
normal level of speech announcements as well as an amount of reduction
when the system is active.  In other words, if someone has the mic
keyed, the speech (and other telemetry) will be ducked by an amount you
specify.  Right now, I'm running the beta code on 27258 and have the
normal level set at -5 and ducked to -16.  The female voice (Allison as
we refer to her) is more pleasant and completely out of the way if the
system is busy.

I'm assuming the code will be made available for ACID as well as XIPAR
(zipper), but that's up to the developers to work out - we are running
zipper for the most part.

2135 suffers from many "drive by's" from Echolink and AllStar
connections.  When a system is as busy as 2135, something has to be done
or you'll quickly get tired of all of the announcements.

If you are wanting to simply gain-down the telemetry (as a whole) there
are scripts available to knock the level of Allison down to a more
comfortable level.

More information is available at allstarnode.com

Kevin Custer - W3KKC
Owner - 2135