[App_rpt-users] Overdriven dial tone on repeater - SOLVED

Ed ki6psp at gmail.com
Sun May 8 16:30:55 UTC 2011

A while back, I inquired as to how I could have all of the other audio at reasonable levels, but the dial tone sounded over-deviated. I received a response that it was impossible to over-deviate on a dial tone if the repeater was tunes properly. A service monitor was just given to me, so the first thing I did was point a beam at the repeater and look at the signals.

I began by going through the procedures outlined on the website:
http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/48

While testing, I set the CTCSS level to 0, and when it transmitted, my handheld radio, set to require CTCSS, opened and I heard the repeater.

Soooooo, it sounded over-deviated because I had 2 tones being transmitted, in addition to the audio. One from Asterisk, and the other from the transmitter radio.

I thought it was interesting, and might help someone else later. All is well on the repeater now.

KI6PSP

Sent from my iPad