[App_rpt-users] How2 get radio stuff working with Dahdi???

Ken Page vk4akp at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 15 01:31:26 UTC 2011

Hi Jeremy,

Yep, love Gentoo. It's the best! hihi!

Thanks for all the good info. It can take ages to Google and muddle your
way through all this stuff sometimes and there's no point in trying to
re-invent the wheel when others have already traveled these roads and
know the answers.

So, we've commented out a few things and emerged the dahdi stuff and the
"make install_usbradio" now works and Asterisk is up again.

In terms of Asterisk, we basically did this...
1. install dahdi, dahdi-tools and libpri using Portage
2. stop your Asterisk package from building libpri and zaptel
3. prevent building some Asterisk modules that needed extra deps or
didn't like the new gcc
4. remove the ztcfg line from the init.d script because it's not needed
5. set the dahdi init.d scripts to start on boot

However our next problem is that the TDM card is not working even though
it's detected and started correctly. And none of the DMK URI radio
dongles are flashing or working.

So I need a shove in the right direction again sorry.
Are there some lines in some of the configs that need changing to point
stuff at Dahdi instead of Zaptel perhaps?

Regards,
Ken - vk4akp
.-.-.