[App_rpt-users] File Formats

Robert A. Poff WB3AWJ wb3awj at comcast.net
Tue Nov 15 16:24:53 UTC 2011

Audacity and Cepstral will output directly to ULAW which asterisk uses.
Doing that eliminates the possibility of transcoding errors when using sox.

Using Audacity to produce some imaginative ID tracks will help your system stand out.
Examples : BELLS&WHISTLES TRANSPORT

By all means buy a copy of Cepstral.
For cold voice ID's, use it to generate those cuts and you maintain a "consistency of sound" image.

But even better, It's great for generating a voice track on the fly.
One example is on my repeater I have a script that runs several times a day.
It gathers solar/propagation data, compiles a report, and reads it on the air if the channel is idle.

Robert A. Poff
Loganville, PA.

WB3AWJ
Allstar 27784

"Lieutenant, target the offending power boat and launch photon torpedoes"