[App_rpt-users] INSTALL PROBLEM

KB7RSI kb7rsi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 03:52:12 UTC 2011

I found this while searching google on reseting root password without
knowing the old password.
Try this.  Im not sure if this works on CentOS.
Im new at linux doing things like that so let me know if that works and Ill
save this info for myself also.

1. At the boot(grub) menu select the linux kernel

2. then press e

3. Go to the end of the line

4. add 1 or S or Single at the end of the line

5. press enter

6. press b on the line to boot from that line

7. Now the root prompt will come

8. run the command 'passwd' and it will ask you to change your password for
root

Harold
Kb7rsi
Las Vegas, NV.