[App_rpt-users] Asterisk falls over soon after boot. (Segfault error)

Ken Page vk4akp at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 10 19:10:12 UTC 2011

Hi Tony,

I checked that config file but the CTCSS tone values either match or are
remarked out on configs where the CTCSS is not used.

We don't actually use any CTCSS on any of our radio's currently.

However keep in mind that this fault (segmentation fault) has just come
out of the blue.

No config files or for that matter software has been changed or updated
in weeks.

One thing that sticks in my mind is that the server did freeze up a few
days before this problem started and I did have to reset it.

Once again I do wonder if it is simply a corrupt binary file maybe?

I do wonder about maybe recompiling parts or all of the Asterisk and
radio related stuff and re-installing the binaries.

I don't really want to fiddle too much with that side of things without
instruction though.

The system here is run on a Gentoo Linux distro as we have other things
on the go here as well with it.

Originally getting the Asterisk Radio stuff totally up and running and
bug free was only possible with the assistance of the magic touch of the
GURU himself. Mr Jim Dude!.

My recollection however is that in /usr/src/asterisk is the last
installed version. So perhaps I can do a re-install from that without
hopefully wiping any of our config files?

Oh well. System has only been offline about a week or so now so I guess
there is no rush yet. I can try to nut this out a bit further before I
start playing with things I don't fully understand.

Thanks for your input though. Much appreciated to get some feedback.

Regards,
Ken - vk4akp
.-.-.