[App_rpt-users] Variable Repeat Audio Delay

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Mon Oct 24 14:40:21 UTC 2011

I had a lot of fun with this a while back

Can I assume you have more than one box on your system?
And perhaps you have played with the jitterbuffer settings I IAX config?

In my case, there was some problem on my network or some unwanted behavior
of my router and a delay of up to

resyncthreshold=

would accumulate during quiet periods.  If I had this set to 2000, for
example, and came on the air as it reached 1990, then I could hear nearly
two seconds of audio being played back at me.

>From the CLI type:

iax2 show channels

This will show where the delay is building up.

I found that I had to have my private nodes periodically "pinging" something
through the router; and for good measure I put the local IP addresses of all
the common system nodes (even the registering ones) in the config files. I
set resyncthreshold=300 so that even if there is a problem, any delay is
hardly noticeable.

73
Ken