[App_rpt-users] streaming audio, outstreamcmd

Chris (KB2FAF) kb2faf at arrl.net
Sun Sep 4 14:32:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have been trying to get outstreamcmd to work with ezstream.  At this
point, I have exhausted all my google search options...

Interestingly I have tried it with the latest Acid install and also with
Xipar with separate results, but neither work.

  I know that lame and ezstream are installed correctly because I can
stream .wav files to my icecast server.

On my Acid install,  ezstream will run using 100 percent cpu and not
connect to my icecast server.

On Xipar, ezstream is not even called...here is what I have for the
command in rpt.conf...

outstreamcmd=/bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8.0
--bitwidth 16 - -  | /usr/bin/ezstream -c /etc/ezstream.xml

I adjusted directories for lame and ezstream as appropriate...

Thank you!

Chris