[App_rpt-users] Allstar Authentication

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 9 21:02:34 UTC 2011

yep, you're right, thats how it works. it can take roughly 10 minutes or
so for a node to get propagated/distributed into everyone's IP address table.

JIM WB6NIL

From: keith at handscombe.co.uk
To: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 21:02:18 +0100
Subject: [App_rpt-users] Allstar Authentication

Hi all, I have node 2498 that has the Echo-Link also added. When I shutdown the node last night for an hour or so it fires up fine but the authentication to All-Star takes about 10 minutes. I see my node in Green on the status page. Echo link connections work instantly but I always have a 10-15 minute wait for the All-Star to allow connectivity. I am happy to leave as is as it works after the 10 minute wait always but if I can add a host name or have a DNS fault I am happy to learn. The Router is a new Sitecom 150N router attached to a Cable modem with 100Mb Internet feed.  Many thanks Keith HandscombeG7DNT Node: 2498