[App_rpt-users] Streaming questions

Steve Passmore k6kya at hokeynet.net
Fri Sep 23 05:00:13 UTC 2011

I don't believe wav is a stream-able protocol.  The metallic sound is
more an artifact of compression than the protocol used.   You might try
bumping up the bitrate and/or adding a lowpass filter to strip off the
highest  frequencies,  this is commonly done with stream encoders.  I've
added a lowpass filter to remove PL.  I imagine you could do high pass
the same way.   Here's what I use.

outstreamcmd=/bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame --preset cbr 24 --highpass 0.2 -r
-m m -s 8 --bitwidth 16 - -  | /usr/bin/ezstream -c /etc/ezstream.xml

Steve