[App_rpt-users] Question on experimental IRLP connections (not trying to bring up stnXXXX connections)

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at vkradio.com
Mon Aug 6 04:14:50 UTC 2012

At 01:19 PM 8/6/2012, Michael J. Wolthuis wrote:

>I am wondering if connections can be enabled to an allstar node
>configured as an Experimental IRLP station?  I think I have seen
>this done, I know this is acceptable to IRLP as it is inbound only,
>but I haven't found any info on how to configure it.
>
>I would like to configure exp0049 on one of my allstar nodes.
>
>Experimental is inbound only, not able to make calls out.
>
>Is this something that can be done and is found acceptable?

Certainly no issue from the IRLP side of things.  You need to make a
change to the IRLP node's environment file.

ALLOW_EXPERIMENTAL=YES

if my rusty memory is working.  Can't easily double check at this time. :(

I think you also need to let Dave Cameron know the IP address or
hostname of the experimental system (i.e. the AllStar node/conference).

Finally, on the AllStar side of things, you would need to use a
version that has IRLP support (i.e. rather old now), or use
thelinkbox to accept the incoming IRLP connections and pass audio to
the AllStar node.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com