[App_rpt-users] HP t5720 Thin Client / AllStar config recommendations for audio problems.

Bob Roszkowski bob at w5evh.org
Tue Aug 7 06:06:41 UTC 2012

Does anyone have any configuration hints to get an HP T5720 (1GHz
processor/ 1GB Ram/ 8GB HD) with a URI to work with AllStar?  I setup a
node but I am having some issues.  It seems that the machine is just not
fast enough or I have too many services running.  The audio sounds very bad
once and a while.  If I send a command for Say Time, it will sometimes come
back sounding very bad.  Then if I do it again, it sounds ok.  Hard to
describe how it sounds, my best guess would be that it is lacking
resources.   Also, I am noticing that during one of the nets today, the
system was not passing audio in either direction.  Then it started
working.  Strange problem.  I know internet connection is good and tried it
at two different sites/ISPs.  Are there things I can check, enable, disable
or otherwise?   Since there is no real Hard Drive in the system, it is
using a DOM, is there anything I need to set different?  I am using ACID.

thanx
--
boB - W5EVH