[App_rpt-users] automatic connect

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Tue Aug 21 03:09:58 UTC 2012

On 8/20/12 4:23 AM, torben at klimt-online.com wrote:
> hi all,
> in the moment i have my node connectet to other nodes by *83(Nodenumber)
> now i would like automaticly disconnect by *81(Nodenumber) und connect to an echolinknode by *33(Nodenumber) from monday to friday from 7:30 to 8:00 o`clock after that the node schould connect to the other nodes again with *83(Nodenumber) how and where can i manage this.

You're going to write 4 shell scripts:

#1: Disconnect via 81
#2: Connect via 83
#3: Disconnect via 31 to echolink
#4: Connect via 33 to echolink

All are of the format:

--
#!/bin/bash

/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt cmd node_from ilink [83|81|33|31] node_to#"

--

Then edit your crontab (as root) to run the scripts at the proper time.

29 07 * * 1-5 /wherever_you_place_your_script/name_of_script_1.sh
30 07 * * 1-5 /wherever_you_place_your_script/name_of_script_4.sh
00 08 * * 1-5 /wherever_you_place_your_script/name_of_script_3.sh
01 08 * * 1-5 /wherever_you_place_your_script/name_of_script_2.sh

I left a minute between each pair, just because I don't like executing
simultaneous scripts that change the state of the system multiple states
in parallel.  That's just me.  Make sure you have a line of MAILTO="" at
the top of your crontab unless you like getting an email message every
time a script is executed.

Oh, and make sure the scripts you write have perms of 755 (RWXR-XR-X) or
equivalent.

There are other ways, especially if you've assigned DTMF functions to
these individual scripts in the rpt.conf file...

As always, there are multiple ways to do it.  All you can do is what you
feel comfortable working with that works.

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.