[App_rpt-users] Off the wall curiosity

Alan Adamson adamson_alan at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:35:55 UTC 2012

Ok, so on my d-star to analog bridge, I've found a rather annoying issue
that there has to be a way to solve (easily).  The converted AMBE audio from
the Dongle back to analog heading into Allstar is just *way* too HOT (over
modulated, loud, etc).  I need to somehow lower the level/volume etc.

I don't think there is any parameter that would allow this. it's coming into
allstar via the chan_dstar module.  It's IP port to IP port between the
dongle and the channel driver, so in theory, I could use software in the
middle if I could find something like sox or the like that would run in
real-time and take packets in one port and out another.  I only need it to
go on way however. the opposite direction isn't a problem.

So just curious if anyone else has seen anything that might work?

Thanks in advance,
Alan