[App_rpt-users] Why Can't I Connect?

Tony Youngblood k5try73 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 02:47:38 UTC 2012

> Patience is virtue ... Once node is booted and reporting on the status pages ... WAIT ...

It takes time for register / authenticate protocols to activate fully, you'll notice that eL is operational before the AllStar node I'n some cases ...

So my best advice is WAIT, at least a good 30 mins before attempting to connect is what I stress. I get the phone calls "My Node Is Broken, fix it" ...

Blah!

And during your wait time you can test a few things just to test, if you like testing. TRY from the CLI:

iax2 show registry

And maybe a few ping test will bypass enough time for your node to come online ... So if after 30 mins connection fails I'd begin the troubleshooting ...

I may be way off, but I bet others are wandering the same thing.

73

k5TRY