[App_rpt-users] Why Can't I Connect?

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sat Aug 25 11:55:36 UTC 2012

Perhaps your router is going bad. If its not forwarding port 4569 UDP
properly, despite it says it is, then you wont be able to connect to any
one. As you said if you move the node to the DMZ then it works.
I have seen routers do this over a period of time. Perhaps a router
reboot will help.

Also I have seen in the past some nodes dont seem to get the node lists
for a while. If the node you are trying to connect to isn't in your node
list or the list is stale, then you wont be able to connect. Also if
your node isn't in the extnode list that gets pushed out then nobody
else can connect to you because you don't exist as far as they are
concerned.

You can look in the extnodes list to see if the node you want to connect
to is there.

Its located at: /var/lib/asterisk/rpt_extnodes

If all was working in the past then I'm thinking you router may be on
its way out.

You can monitor the traffic on port 4569 to see if the stat packets are
going out and receiving the ack by running this command at the root prompt:

tcpdump udp port 4569 -ni eth0

Use CTL C to stop monitoring.

If you dont see the ack in bound to port 4569 then it could be your  router.

As for the stat reporting, normally when a node is off line and goes on
line the node must report to the stat page at regular times. And it must
get the extnode file on a regular basis. As it was said you must wait
for the node list to be pushed out to all the nodes before you exist to
them. My experience is 10 -15 min but it varies.

Use the TCP dump to confirm this is going on.

Hope this helps.

Jon VA3RQ