[App_rpt-users] HUB NODE/ VM / ECHOLINK

Christopher cday at evergreenadvisors.us
Wed Aug 29 15:49:29 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I've setup a hub node in a virtual machine. Allstar connects work
very well, but I'm having no success with Echolink. Ports are
forwarded correctly and I've reviewed the Echolink.Conf file which
is precisely in line with documentation.

One error I've noted seems to be a segmentation error:

"/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 125: 1921 segmentation failure
Asterisk ended with Exit status 139 Asterisk exited on signal 11"

Also, I've noted that, since installing the Acid distro yesterday,
I can no longer connect to my Echolink "-L" while in Echolink user
mode on another machine.

I decided to take the VM / HUB approach to familiarize myself with
Allstar before implementing my nodes on a separate machine with a
URI or FOB.

On the virtual machine I also noted an error that appears when I
access Devices - Network Adaptors. I receive the error "Failed to
access the USB subsystem. Could not find the host USB Proxy
Service (VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND). I don't know if this relates to
the
aforementioned problem with Echolink or not.

Any suggestions are appreciated by this newbie.

73 Chris KB1RXA