[App_rpt-users] Install onto a netbook via usb stick

Ian Venable ki6ies.tasma at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 04:36:44 UTC 2012

Hello all! Well I am learning linux as we go, and can navigate my way
around it pretty good now. My question is has anyone installed the acid.iso
onto a netbook (no cdrom drive) yet? I am trying to install onto a Dell
Inspiron mini 10, it has a 1.66 Ghz processor, 2 GB of ram, and a 16 GB
Solid State Hard Drive. I have downloaded and installed the acid.iso file
from the allstar website. I can get the install menu to come up, but I keep
getting "error unable to download kickstart file". Anyone else tried doing
this yet? The labtop is seeing the usb stick as /dev/sdb1, and I can see
the files on there, just not sure where to point it to, to continue the
install.

Ian Venable
Ki6ies