[App_rpt-users] Update on the Pi

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Mon Dec 10 02:26:19 UTC 2012

OK Guys;

Sorry about the IP address change! - I was deliberately keeping the Pi
'dynamic' with the intent of imaging it when we are ready.

Having said that, I have set a static IP address - node 29109 can now be
accessed directly... I have limited cycles, so I'm not always monitoring.

A couple of you were able to connect yesterday (before the darn IP
changed!) - the lucky few were able to listen to my audio.... it is not
perfect - especially the received audio (i.e., audio into the network).
  However, the intent of the demo yesterday was to demonstrate that this
is an active project (not vapor-ware!)... we do have a Pi operational -
with issues - it is as they say, "Work In Progress"

Initially, the TX audio (i.e., audio out of the local transmitter) was
also raspy - use of an externally powered USB hub cleared up the TX
audio.  Unfortunately, the hub had little to no affect on the RX audio.

We (mostly Jim, and me to a lesser extent) are working on it.... but we
are both busy - and 'tis the season to be busy!

We are not ready to publish / post an image just yet.... some of you
know me from my FREE STAR* project, nothing leaves my "lab" until I have
fully tested and documented it.  It's that simple; right now, we are in
development and testing.

We realize that there is huge interest in the Pi at the moment - I do
support the Pi with an image, installation script and documentation for
my FREE STAR* project (http://www.va3uv.com/iso.htm).  When we are ready
and feel that the product is ready for field testing, we will gladly
make it available in a similar fashion.

Cheers for now!

Ramesh.

www.freestar.us