[App_rpt-users] Command Mode Timeout

Kent Ochs kentochs at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 27 02:16:19 UTC 2012

Our repeater (A two node system consisting of VHF 27833 node linked to a UHF receiver on node 1998) recently experienced a random false dtmf *40 decode.  This put the repeater into transmit mode.  What bothers me most, is that while in command mode, the transmit timeout parameter (totime) appears to be ignored, not good if there isn't someone around that knows to send "#" or otherwise shutdown the machine.  In normal operating mode, totime works as expected, and try as I may, I have not been able to find a "command mode timeout" parameter.

Have I missed or mis-configured something to cause this behavior?

Is there a problem with the command function not honoring the transmit timeout parameter?

I understand that *4 is a mandatory command, but could someone enlighten me as to why I shouldn't just disable this command altogether?

An inquired mind wants to know and appreciates your feedback.

Thanks.

Kent
W9KAO