[App_rpt-users] All-Star link repeater

Ham Radio ve3etg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 03:23:58 UTC 2012

Hello

I am working on getting my advance license so I can put up a All-Star
link repeater in the 220 Band But am will to use 2m and 440 as well. I
know I have to contact the repeater council for my area which is
wnysorc to get a set part of the band for my repeater. I was wondering
what hardware do I need? I am planing to use the DMK URI for the radio
interface.  I would like to us a Motorola radio with a 16pin interface
port so I can use a pre made cable from marshals. Can any of Motorola's
radio's with the 16 pin be programed to the 220 ham band? What other
hardware do I need ie Duplexer and how does the auto patch work? Can I
use my VOIP phone line with a usb voice modem or do I have to get a VoIP
service that offers sip trunking? I would also like to have my EcoIRLP
node on my repeater. Is there a way of doing this and keeping both IRLP
and ALL-STAR link happy.

Thank you.

--
73,